It is extremely necessary to acknowledge the use of EpiPen to make sure the dose of medication intake is correct in emergent situation. If you are not in an acute allergic experience, should not activate the Epipen device. In case you want to have medical practice with Epipen, you can have your doctor or pharmacist instruct you carefully with that device which does not contain needle or medication.
Instruction for using EpiPen device
- Take the EpiPen from auto-injector carriers.
- Hold the EpiPen in your preferred hand, put your thumb over your fingers to create a fist. To avoid unexpected injection accident, don’t place you thumb at the end of the Epipen.
- The Epipen only activate if the blue safety cap is removed so take it away from the device.
- Before injecting the medicine, firstly you need to push the end of the EpiPen with the orange tip into the thigh, which can help the needle pop out to deliver the medication into your muscle of the thigh. The EpiPen needle is sharp enough to get through the layer of the clothes, thus you don’t need to take the pants off in emergent situation.
- It may take 10 seconds to hold the device against the thigh during the medication is delivered, don’t lift up the EpiPen before 10 seconds.
- After injecting, put the EpiPen in right place. You should notice that this device cannot be reused, it is designed for single use.
- You had better call 911 for instant medical support or go to emergency room to monitor your health condition after allergic experience. Notify medical authorities of EpiPen that you have injected yourself. Finally, you need to be cautious with triggers causing your allergy.